You’ve probably heard the word Executive Functioning before…but what exactly does it mean?
Executive Functioning is a set of mental processes that allows us to think about short-term and long-term consequences. With the end result in mind, we can plan, initiate, organize, evaluate, and adjust our actions.
Signs of Executive Functioning Deficits include difficulties with:
- Planning long-term problems
- Understanding the passage of time
- Initiating projects or generating ideas independently
- Prioritizing the most important task
- Physical organization of materials for school or work
- Problem solving